Friday, January 04, 2008

Well, people won't vote for Hillary. I am really surprised. I thought that they would vote for a Clinton. Maybe it is just Iowa or maybe the rest of the country does feel like I do and wants a total change. I also like the fact that Huckaby did not spend as much money as everyone else and won. We, as a people, have got to stop selling our vote. We have got to start voting on principles not dollars, that is the only way that change can come, and if we do not have change I am not sure how much longer America can make it.

I had a great Vinyasa yoga practice yesterday. It was Podcast number 92 from Kimberly Wilson's Hip Tranquil Chick Podcast (see link on the side of this blog.) I just love her podcast and her yoga sequences, they are very challenging. Also, check out her book, Hip Tranquil Chick, A Guide to Life On and Off the Yoga Mat. This book is a fun read and it will make you think about what you really want to do with your life and help you to be more creative.

On the Green Front I would like to issue a challenge to everyone out there. For those of you who are not taking your own reusable shopping bags with you when you shop, I would like for you to purchase one ChicoBag per month until you have enough to hold your largest grocery purchases. Plastic never biodegrades and even paper does not biodegrade in a landfill, because nothing biodegrades in a landfill because of the way they are designed. I will add a link under My Favorites so that you can purchase your ChicoBags. If you have never used your own shopping bags you will be amazed at how much more you can fit into them, you will have fewer bags to take out of the car. I keep mine on a hook in my kitchen and when I walk out to go to the store they are there for me to grab. I am not perfect and I forget them sometimes, but I am going to work on that this year. I am going to challenge myself to use no more than 25 plastic bags this year. I will let you know each time I slip up and get one.

I did not crochet any yesterday, but I will today, maybe. I have started playing a computer game called Farm Frenzy and I am obsessed. I am determined that I am going to complete every level with a gold star. How stupid and time wasting is that? Now I know for sure that I can no longer say anything to my dear son about his gaming habits.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: