Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I know that today is Tuesday and that means a Crochet Blog and that is what I am going to do, but I do not have any pictures because the camera is in my dear husbands car. That is ok, though, because all you were going to get were pictures of works I have in progress as I have not finished anything this week. And with that introduction,

On the Crochet Front I am now currently working on 3 projects. I have to complete a stuffed hippo for my little great niece's first birthday Saturday. I am following a free pattern from Lion Brand, http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/70459AD.html , and working this in Vanna's Choice #142 Rose, and #146 Dusty Purple. So far all I have done is the head and my dear son thought it was a leg. It is going to be really cute though. I am still working on my first Christmas presents for next year, the snowflake Scarves that I talked about earlier. The pattern can be found in the Jan/Feb '08 Crochet Today magazine on p. 26. I have added a link to this magazine under Favorites-Crochet. And finally, I am still working on the preemie blanket that I am doing as a charity project. I am working it in just a basic baby green yarn. See the pictures you have to look forward to next week. I also want to let you know about a great new crochet/knit podcast I have found. It is called Yarn Thing and can be found on itunes or at http://yarnthing.blogspot.com/ . Marly is just about as funny and entertaining as they come. Get out your needles and hooks and give her a listen. And, if any of you are still not crocheting, I still have the basics posted under Favorites-Crochet, get off your bottom and get crocheting.

Happy hooking (Or what ever needle work you do),
Laura

No comments: