Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I finished. This is my dear sister-in-law's Christmas present and I think that I did very well by finishing it in the third week of January. I am sure that she will be happy to see it here, because I told her she could not have it until I had taken pictures to post.

As you can see from the picture below, this is just a large Granny Square. It is a pattern I got from the free pattern section at www.lionbrand.com . They have not only the best yarn, but also a great selection of patterns. This project was worked with Lion Brands new Vanna's Choice yarn which I have highlighted under Favorites-Crochet. There were eleven colors used for this piece (in order worked): #147 Purple, #173 Dusty Green, #142 Rose, #135 Rust, #130 Honey, #146 Dusty Purple, #126 Chocolate, #170 Pea Green, #174 Olive, #158 Mustard and #143 Antique Rose. This blanket was worked with a 6.5 crochet hook. I finished the blanket with a round of half-double crochet in all stitches and spaces in #158 Mustard as my dear sister-in-laws favorite color is yellow.

I would like to let you know about some other great crochet sources that you might enjoy and find helpful. The largest crochet forum can be found at www.crochetville.org . This is a great place to meet other crocheters, get inspiration, and find out about the latest and greatest in the crochet world. At www.lionbrand.com you will find the Lion Brand podcast that you can download and listen to, I really enjoy it. This podcast comes out twice a month and you can also download it through ITUNES. And for all of you who do not currently crochet I want you to buy some yarn and hooks and watch the following instructional video and become a "happy hooker" : www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRsGeVk073w . I have added some basic items that you will need to start your crochet journey to Favorites-Crochet.

Happy Crocheting,
Laura

No comments: