Thursday, January 17, 2008

I don't really have an intro today. Nothing struck me as significant on the campaign trail yesterday. I am sure we are in for many of these uneventful days between now and November. I would like to add though, if you have not registered to vote, do so today. My dear Granny always said that if you don't vote, you have no right to complain. I decided at a very young age that I was always going to preserve my right to complain.

On the Green Front I have decided that I am going to highlight one great, green company per week in the Thursday blog, and in case you are not keeping up, today is Thursday. The company that I would like to tell you about today is www.greenfeet.com . This company was started by Val of www.morehipthanhippie.com fame. This company is based in Chico, California, but ships anywhere in the world. Val and her husband Rob are the owners and, as a result, you get exceptional customer service. Val scrutinizes each product to make sure that it stands up to the 3 R's; reduce, reuse, recycle. She also makes sure that the products are produced in a manner consist ant with "Fair Trade" practices and, if possible, that the product is made in America. The made in America part is getting consistently harder to find. Please go check out Greenfeet's offerings and tell them that "Green neck" Laura sent you.

On the Crochet Front Yesterday I started a vest for myself. I have never had great success making clothing items and I hope yesterdays efforts do not hold for the entire project. The largest size of instructions printed is for a 2X, I generally wear a 3X, so I noticed the stitch difference between the Large and the 2X and added what I thought was appropriate. Well, after I had crocheted about 3 rows I stood up and put my efforts around my waist and around my waist again. The funny thing is, this pattern is not even supposed to meet once at the waist, much less wrap around. Needless to say I then ripped out the 3 rows I had completed and am now making the vest according to the very generous 2X instructions. My husband always says that I must really like working on a project, because I am always unraveling and doing it again.

On the Healthy Eating Front I am not sure I really ate healthy, but I did walk even though the weather was yucky all day, yesterday. It wasn't really raining, it was just like walking in soup. As I walked I listened to the podcast Crochet Unraveled which can be found at www.crochetville.org or on ITUNES. You should check this podcast out to keep abreast with all the goings on in the world of crochet.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: