Thursday, February 28, 2008

When I woke up this morning, the morning show on TV was saying that the New York Times had discovered that John McCain was not born in the continental US, instead, he was born on an army base in Panama. Why is this an issue? I thought an army base was US soil. The U.S. Constitution states:

No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

I am pretty sure that being born on a base makes you a natural citizen. Why is the Times doing this? Do they think the people of the US are that stupid? Well the readers of this blog will be educated. (Not that I like McCain, but this is over the top). Link to Times article:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/28/us/politics/28mccain.html?_r=1&scp=2&sq=McCain&st=nyt&oref=slogin

On the Weight Loss Front I walked and practiced yoga this morning. You can't get much better than that. I think that is the perfect workout. Now if I can just stick with it.

On the Green Front I want to let you know about a great podcast that I have recently found. It is called Living Green: Effortless Ecology for Everyday People and can be found at http://personallifemedia.com/podcasts/224-living-green , along with other podcasts and blogs that I have not checked out yet. Living Green can also be found on itunes. Check it out, it is very professional and I have enjoyed all of the interviews.

On the Yoga Front I found out today that it is great to do yoga after you have walked because you are warmed up. When your muscles are warmed up it is easier to move into a pose. Try a little walk before your next practice and see what I mean.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: