Friday, February 15, 2008

I sat through a class last night where we discussed what the reader brings to the reading of a book. All it seemed we did was go around in circles, but this is what I think I, as a reader, bring to a book. I bring who I am, the life I have lived, the knowledge I have obtained and any prejudices I may have. So what that leaves out is the life I have not lived, the knowledge I have not obtained and the biases I do not have. I think I read so much so that I can fill in the things that I do not have. I don't want to read about things I already know, I want to read to enlighten and expand my world. I hope that that is why you read as well.

On the Weight Loss Front MY FOOD IS STILL NOT HERE. What is the deal? I want to lose weight and everyday I think I can eat what I want because I am going to be eating the Nutri System stuff soon and by the time it gets here I am going to be bigger than I already am. My rant for the day, and, yes, I do feel better.

On the Crochet Front My crochet sock book is here. It is called, oddly enough, Crocheted Socks! 16 Fun-To-Stitch Patterns . I can't wait to start. In fact that is what I am going to do as soon as I post this blog. As a buy this also book from Amazon I also got Simple Crochet which has a lot of home decor patterns in it. I have added both to Favorites-Crochet I wish I could have everyone on my Christmas list have a look at this, pick out a pattern, tell me what colors they want and then I would not have to guess if they like what I give them. I know that takes all the fun out of it, but do you want me to make a burnt orange, olive green, and mustard afaghan for you? (Not that I would really do that to anyone, but you get my drift.)

On the Green Front I got another plastic bag. The count is now four and the thing that worrys me is that this is only February 15th and I have already gotten my 2 for this month. What am I going to do the rest of the month? I must watch the secret plastic bag givers. My mother, who is still in Florida, said that she and my Aunt were out buying groceries and they had remembered to take the reusable shopping bags that I got for my Aunt last week. I am so proud of them.

Please send me comments about what reading means to you and, remember, tomorrow is my book review. It is going to be a romance.

Peace,
Laura

1 comment:

Amanda Deardorff said...

Is reusing plastic bags a good thing? just wondering.