Thursday, February 21, 2008

I'm back. I have recovered from my latest sinus attack, but, unfortunately we are expecting rain today and so who knows what that will bring with it. I also learned something yesterday, it is very difficult to write a paper when you can't breath. I don't know what the correlation is, but it must have something to do with lack of oxygen and fuzziness of the brain. After I post this I am going to proofread that paper and I am so looking forward to seeing if I even formed sentences.

On the Green Front The U S Navy shot down a failed spy satellite last night because they did not want anyone to get our secrets, which I understand, but also they did not want the fuel tank to crash to earth because it is full of toxic fuel. Does this bother anyone but me? Blowing up a tank of toxic fuel in space? Have we not done enough to screw up our planet, now we have to screw up outer space as well. I know that if it reentered into our atmosphere and crashed it would have been really bad. People would have died. Which leads to the question, what else do we have up there that can come and get us? I love how they keep saying that they brought it down in an unpopulated area, the ocean. Unpopulated by who? And even if you don't mind killing the ocean life, remember that if our ocean is contaminated we are contaminated. Seafood anyone? Here is a link for video of the shoot down.
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/tech/2008/02/21/pentagon.sat.shoot7a.cnn

On the Crochet Front I am going to knit a sock if it kills me and it just might. I have, on this latest attempt, made it to the heel. I am working the heel as we speak. Please let this be the one so that I can move on with my fiber arts life. Why am I so stuck on socks, because that is all they talk about on the knitting and crochet blogs and sites and, by golly, if someone else can do it, I can do it to, I think. Hope to have a picture of a sock tomorrow.

On the Weight Loss Front Day 3 of Nutri System. So far everything I have eaten is great. Of course I have been sick so I am not sure if my taste buds are working. I have lost a little, but do not plan to post a real total until one week. I have been a little hungry, but I guess that is the point. I did not exercise yesterday and today is iffy, but hope to get back with it soon.

Leave comments and questions.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: