Wednesday, February 06, 2008

So do we know anything more today after Super Tuesday than we did on Monday? I am not sure. This could make watching the conventions fun. Our thoughts and prayers are with all of those whose voting got cut short by the horrible tornados. I live in hurricane country and I have always said that I would rather have a hurricane than a tornado anyday because we know for days before that we are about to get hit and with tornados there is very little warning. Again all please pray for these areas of our country.

On the Weight Loss front This morning I vowed to do the best I can with what I have got here at my aunts. I am at a Starbucks for breakfast and I had a reduced fat coffee cake and coffee. I like their reduced fat stuff, it is all very tasty. I may walk later, but it is hotter than heck here in Florida. I am used to some cool.

On the Crochet Front I can't get over how good my knitting looks. Of course it is still on the needles, and I am afraid it will all fall apart when I get to the point of taking the first panal off, but so far so good.

On the Green Front Today I want to spotlight a green clothing company, Patagonia . They can be found at http://www.patagonia.com . Patagonia 's mission statement says,

Build the best product, cause no unnecessary harm, use business to inspire and implement solutions to the environmental crisis.

I think this says it all. Why can't all companys, no matter what their product or service, live by this mission. Patagonia makes a sporting-goods line of clothing and it is made mostly from recycled materials. When you are through with a Patagonia aticle of clothing, you can send it to them or drop it at one of their locations and they recycle it. They donate time, services and at least 1% of their profits to environmental issues. Check out their web site, it is more than just an estore. There is a lot of imformation and some beautiful mountain pictures. I wish I were there.

Send comments and keep using your reusable shopping bags.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: