Tuesday, February 05, 2008

I am sorry that I have not posted yet today, but this is the first time I have been at a computer. I am in Florida as my aunt had to have surgery. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts.

Today is Super Tuesday. I hope you have all voted because I know that all of you are nice intellegent individuals. This morning on the crawl by on CNN, there was some kind of poll done and people thought that Sherlock Holmes was a real person and that Winston Churchill was a fictional character. These people also thought that Ghandi was a made up character for books and movies. I don't know what they are teaching in our school systems, but it is scary and I don't think I want these people to vote. I know that sounds harsh, but come on, we are voting for the guy or gal who has the ability to start a nuclear war. I think I want the people making that decision to know that Ghandi was real, what he did and what he stands for. I also want the guy or gal we vote for to know the same things.

On the Crochet Front I don't have pictures, because I am not at home. I am continuing with my knitting, though, and I am even doing a pattern stitich, not just knit one row and purl one row, now things are changing within the row. It is still holding together and it still looks good. Maybe, I have figured this knitting thing out. I am still not changing my header on the blog though. Crochet rules.

On the Green Front It is hard to be green on the road. I had to get bottled water yesterday and of course we had to eat fast food the whole way here because we had no time. I will have to be extra careful when I get home to make up for it. If you have any green tips for emergency trips, let me know. Also my cousin confronted me with the whole, "Is global warming real?" thing. I told him that I was not sure if global warming was man made or not, but that it is getting warmer, and just from logic he should realize that we are going to run out of room for all of our trash. So for no other reason than landfill constraints we should start reducing, reusing and recycling.

On the Weight loss Front All bets are off. I have no control over anything right now. I am just trying to do the best I can each meal at a time.

Hope to post tomorrow for the post Super Tuesday recap.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: