Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I have so much to talk about. Saturday I spent the entire day at my Texas Democrat Senatorial Convention. I arrived at 8:00 am and did not leave until 6:00 pm and all we did was pick a delegate and an alternate for Obama to go to the Texas State Democrat Convention in Austin. I did a lot of knitting, crocheting, and people watching. The time thing was not because they did not know what they were doing, it is just that no one knows what to do when people actually show up to participate in the process. I thought it was all very organized and civilized for the amount of people who showed up. Our precinct was close though, 190 for Obama and 150 for Clinton. I still don't know what is going to happen, but I sure hope that McCain does not win because the Dems did not have their act together.

On the Green Front Saturday I am going to the Green Consumer Expo here in Houston. I will report back what I found. At Targets today I found some new "green" products put out by, of all people, Clorox. The brand is called Green Works and can be found at most stores. The price point was very reasonable as well.

On the Crochet Front Congratulations to Marley of The Yarn Thing Podcast, www.yarnthing.blogspot.com , she is going to have one of her designs published in the Fall 2008 Interweave Crochet Magazine. I can not wait to see what it is. If I start another thing without finishing something, I should be shot. It is like everyday I feel the urge to start something new. I have projects all over the house. As I finish them, I will take pictures and share.

Please send any comments and pictures of your completed works.

Peace,
Laura

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

Thanks L!

you Rock!

xoxox
Marly