Monday, April 07, 2008

Good morning all. I am supposed to be doing school work right now, but I just thought I would pop in and tell you how much fun I had this weekend.

On the Green Front My dear husband and I went to the Houston Green Consumer Expo this weekend. It was not very big, but Houston is not very green, yet. All of the electric providers were giving away free CFL's. We collected as many as we could and gave them to my Mother who has not switched any of her bulbs yet. I also found out really how expensive solar panels are and so I am over ever having them on my house unless I win the lottery. For a 1500 sq ft house it would cost over $80,000. We did not even pay $80,000 for the house. So I will just continue to do all of the green baby steps I can do since I can't afford to make a giant leap. We got to see and sit in a Prius Plug In Hybrid. It was really nice and will be on the market in 2011. I hope my van makes it that long. Now for the funny part of the day, my dear husband was less than enthusiastic about going with me to this Expo, but God was looking out for him. In the same building, the Texas Golf Expo was going on, so, yes, we had to go to it after we went to the Green Expo. The good thing that came out of it was that my husband won a closest to the pin contest and should be getting two free rounds of golf. He lives a charmed life.

On the Crochet/Knit Front I have cast on a sweater to take with me on our vacation to upstate New York. It is a very, very easy pattern and I have already made quite a bit of head way on it. I am using Lion Brand's Wool Ease, #9 and #10 needles. It is going really fast and I can't wait to say that I actually completed a knit garment. I will have exact details tomorrow in the crochet blog.

Send some feedback.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: