Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Hopefully the second time is a charm. I was writing this great blog post when I accidentally turned off the computer. So here I go again.

On the Weight Loss Front I found this great new site with great tips and recipes, Hungry Girl. It can be found at http://www.hungry-girl.com/ . It is a really cute site and I think you would like checking it out. Personally I have practiced yoga 3 days in a row now and I walked last night. I am taking this one day at a time.

On the Crochet/Knit Front I am sorry that I did not post pictures yesterday, but I don't have any finished projects. I am coming right along on my sweater for our vacation. It is looking great.

On the Green Front If you do not want to buy reusable bags for shopping, make your own with any stash material you have lying around or go to garage sales and pick up other peoples stash that they sale for a song. Here are some great patterns:

http://www.burdastyle.com/creations/show/2226



and, My own creation:


I use 1 1/2 yd of cotton fabric. Fold in half selvages together. Cut 2 2" strips. Place strips right sides together and sew with a 1/2" seam on each side. Turn. Press. Top stitch 1/4" down each side. Cut in half. Handles made. Fold remaining material in half, right sides together, with selvages at each end. Center a handle at each in and pin on the right side with handle facing inward. Sew around with a 5/8" seam and leaving an opening on the side to be able to turn bag. Turn bag by reaching into the opening and grabbing handles and pulling them through the whole. Make sure to turn corners square. Smooth out and press. Top stitch 1/4" across each end. Fold in half and sew down each side with a 1/2" seam and then again inside with a 5/8" seam. Your bag is now complete. You can fill the whole thing up with canned goods and, if you can lift it, it will not break. I will try and make a video and post it so the instructions will be easier to follow.
Peace,
Laura

No comments: