Friday, April 25, 2008

At the first of the year I said that one of my goals was to entertain once a month. I have sadly only entertained twice, I think, but I am changing that. We are having friends over tonight for my famous Mexican Soup, corn bread, salad and cake. Not fancy, but it is always eaten and enjoyed. I actually cleaned house on Wednesday and so this is the perfect time to have company. I have lavender essential oil in my diffuser and with the soup in the crock pot the house smells great. Why don't we all have friends over more often? I am going to change.

Mexican Soup

1 lb. ground beef, browned
2 cans ranch style beans
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans minestrone soup
1 can mexi corn
1 can beef broth

Put all ingredients in the crock pot on low and simmer all day. Serve with tortilla chips or cornbread.

Fix a pot for your family and have a movie night or invite some friends over and enjoy some good conversation.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: