Sunday, April 27, 2008

I just calculated my family's carbon footprint and it is not pretty even with the green things that we do. The average US carbon load is 97,838 lbs., ours was 116,971 lbs. I wish our town would start the recycling program they are trying to put in place, that would help, but our main problem is my dear husbands commute to work everyday and our various other car trips. My husband has to go to work, but I am trying to only go to school and back and trip chain when I am going into Houston. Trip chaining is where you plan to do several errands or appointments on the same day in the same area. example, I do not make special trips to Whole Foods, I go on a day that I am already in town. Think of all of the things that you can do to make your carbon load less and share what these ideas are. You may think that they have already been thought of, but they may be new to all of us.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: