Friday, April 18, 2008

On the Green Front Tuesday is Earth Day Check around your area for different events that are occurring on Saturday. I know in my area there is an electronics recycling drop off event which is exciting. It is very important to make sure that your old electronics get recycled and not just thrown away to become part of the landfill. Electronics like old computers, old cell phones, old TVs and so on have a lot of icky stuff in them that needs to be disposed of properly. We don't want this stuff to get in our water supply and our soil. So check your local paper and see if there is not something like this happening in your area.

Also tomorrow is National Hanging Out Day. For this one day hang your clothes to dry outside instead of in the dryer and enjoy the smell of sheets air dried. There is nothing like it. I have to say that I have never hung anything outside to dry. I don't even have close lines, but my grandmother did and I can still remember the smell. The information for National Hanging Out Day can be found here http://www.laundrylist.org/education/NHOD.htm .

There seems to be so much cool stuff happening on the "green" front. I want everyone to know that it is not just about the environment, it is just a healthier way to live. Some of us are very sensitive to chemicals and living "green" just makes us feel better. So if you don't buy into Global Warming, think about you and your families health.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: