Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Shopping Trip

I made my plan and I went to the grocery store, but as soon as I got out of the car I realized that I just don't like meat so why would I spend money on it and have to deal with it. So I went into the store and revamped my whole plan, but I did buy food and I am ready to prepare really good meals next week. In fact I have already started. I just made some great whole wheat, yogurt scones for breakfast and they are so good (I could not wait for breakfast).

Speaking of the scones I have to let you know about my new favorite thing where I got the recipe: The Whole Foods App for the Ipod touch, Iphone or Ipad. This app is great. You don't need the Internet after you download it and there are recipes and a grocery list that you create and then you can check the items off as you put them in your basket and they disappear. This is the best grocery list I have ever seen. If you want to make one of the recipes, you tap "put ingredients in list" and it automatically populates the grocery list with the items to make that dish. I highly recommend that you go to the Itunes App store and check it out. (By the way, you can you it at any grocery store because you create the shopping list.) Oh, and did I mention that it is free?

OK, so I am on my way. My pantry, fridge, and freezer are stocked and now all I have to do is come home, put the meals together and cook them. There is so much less fat, sugar and salt, not to mention calories in these recipes we have to feel better and lose weight. I also got lots of fresh fruit and sugar free yogurt for snacks, desserts and to take to work.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: