Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dinner was a bust tonight.  On Saturday when I had my artist date of planning my menu, studying cookbooks for idea, shopping and cooking most of the day so that I would have starters in the freezer to make the evening meal a snap, I boiled some chicken breasts and cut them up and portioned them in ziplocks.  I have done this for years.  I put them right into the freezer.  Well tonight I was going to have chicken curry and when I took the bag of chicken out of the freezer and dumped it into the skillet it smelled bad.  I have mentioned before that I am not much on meat so I thought maybe it was just me so I continued on with the meal.  When my son came in I had him smell the bag and he said that it smelled bad and he would not eat it.  That was enough for me.  I had a can of vegetarian chili and brown rice from the pantry and he has gone to the mall for Chinese.  The curry sauce smelled wonderful.  It was from the same cookbook as last night's meal, More Dinner in the Freezer and I will make it again with chickpeas instead of chicken.  Oh well, my chili was great.

Hoping for better luck tomorrow night.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: