Monday, May 17, 2010

Cooking Dinner-Day One

I probably need to work on my food photography, they say food is one of the hardest things to shoot. Anyway this is day one of my cooking more at home experiment. This is the recipe:

Ravioli Bake

1 bag frozen cheese ravioli, cooked according to package directions

1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Giadia's new sauce from Target)

1 can diced tomatoes

1 bag Morning Star Farm meatless crumbles

Cook the sauce, tomatoes and crumbles in a sauce pan while the ravioli is boiling, about 15 minutes. Drain pasta and stir in sauce. Be careful stirring so that the ravioli does not break. Pour into a 9X9 pan that has been sprayed with Pam. Cover with Mozzarella and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.

It was very good and the house smells like an Italian restaurant. All 3 of us ate and I think there is enough for me to freeze to take for 2 lunches. This would be a great dish to make to take to a pot luck. I will make this again.

Love,

Laura

No comments: