Saturday, May 15, 2010

I have been wondering what I really want to blog about and I think I have it. I am still going to have book reviews and posts about my works in progress, but the main thing I want to work on in my life and for my family is how we eat. I realized that if I spent all of the time and money that I currently spend on trying to lose weight, which is going no where fast, I could have the time to plan healthy meals, buy the groceries and cook. I love to cook, but I just quit doing it. I thought that if I did not focus or deal (read prepare and cook) food, I would break my addiction and lose weight. Well, I did lose 25 pounds, but that is it and my husband and son have eaten horribly and I am missing that creative outlet. So now I am going to redirect all of that effort into making great, low-fat, healthy, tasty meals at home. Tomorrow afternoon I am going to sit down, plan out a menu, go to the grocery store and have my items ready for the week.

So what does all of this have to do with the blog. You are going to go on this journey with me. I hope if you are not cooking on a regular basis now you will join in. If you are one of the lucky ones who have this all figured out, then I hope that you will offer advice and support. Maybe we will save money and lose weight.

Can't wait to get started.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: