Monday, May 24, 2010

I have my cooking mojo back.  Tonight we had a great ground beef vegetable soup from Don't Panic More Dinner's in the Freezer by Martinez, Howell and Garcia.  This is the first week I have cooked from this book.  This weekend I assembled several of the meals and put them in the freezer so all I have to do is move one to the fridge in the morning and I am ready to go in the evening.  This recipe, Saucy Vegetable Beef Soup p. 111, was even easier, I put it in the crockpot this morning and when I got home all I had to do was make cornbread and we were ready to eat.  It was a hit with the guys as well, but I did have enough for one container to be able to take this week to work for lunch.  I even had enough cooking energy left over to make a brownie for my dear husband to take to work in the morning so that he will be the most popular person there (he is already, but the brownie just sweetens the deal).

Peace,
Laura

No comments: