Friday, March 21, 2008

Sorry about yesterday. I had to take my mother to doctor appointments and that ended up taking all day. Nothing wrong, just routine. She did buy me 2 pairs of shoes for the trouble so I think it was a day well spent.

On the Green Front. I have found a website with the coolest eco friendly clothes. It is called Rooted to Nature and can be found at http://www.rootedtonature.com/ . They carry both men's and women's natural clothing and accessories, and they go to size 1x. I have contacted them about carrying at least up to 3x and they said that they get this request all of the time, but nobody makes 3x eco wear. If we can find them some they said to let them know, and they are working with manufacturers to let them know that there is a need that is not being filled. Maybe we can get something going for us less than petite individuals. They have a cool radio show that you can listen to from their site; I have not figured out if you can podcast it or not. If you figure this out let us all know with a comment. Check them out and give them some business if you see something you like.


On the Crochet Front I have got lots of pictures.
This is a picture of the blanket that I am making for my son. He and his friend wanted me to make them blankets for their graduations. They wanted something with a bowling motif, but I could not find anything and the one I was designing would have had way too many ends to weave and it just was not turning out right. This blanket is done in I Love This Yarn from Hobby Lobby. My son picked out the color and it will have a black border and is worked with a 5.5 crochet hook. When I have completed it I will post the pattern.
This is a eco friendly yarn made by Rowan, Rowan Pure Life. It is organic cotton and natural dyes. I am going to use it to make Ophelia from www.amingledyarn.wordpress.com . I can't wait to get started on it.
This is Ty-Dy yarn in a green colorway and a pink colorway. I am going to use it for the Christmas scarfs that I make for a couple of people each year. I am using a pattern from the 2008 Spring Interweave Knits magazine. I will add a link to that on Favorites-Crochet.
This is my first Lorna Laces. I have no idea what I am going to start with it, but it may be a bag.
This is just some really cool yarn that I found, and I had to have it for my stash.
Leave me comments and let me know what you are crocheting or knitting or whatever else you do to be creative.
Peace
Laura

No comments: