Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Today we visited a great Local Yarn Store, The Knitting Sisters in Williamsburg, Va http://www.knittingsisters.com/home/ .  I bought the book Knitting Green by Ann Budd, a Harmony crochet edging guide and the current Vogue Knitting.  I also got 3 balls of frog tree bamboo blend yarn in a deep, deep red color.  I am going to use it to make the Sustainable Bamboo Scarf on page 99 of Knitting Green.  I also want to make the Commuter Knapsack on page 83.  It is made out of Pima Cotton and I have about 10 skeins of a pima cotton I got from Webs about a year ago to make a sweater that I never made.  So this is great I will be using my stash.  Back to the frog tree yarn.  http://frogtreeyarns.com/ This company is a yarn ministry that helps families in Bolivia and Peru.  The company takes not profits, but instead creates micro-businesses in these countries.  It feels great to not only add to the stash, but to also help people create a life.

On the down side, my Yahoo e:mail address got hijacked and I have had to delete most of my contacts as well as write apologies to everyone else.  If you happened to be in my contact list and you got a strange e:mail I am sorry, this is just one of the perils of modern technology.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: