Saturday, October 24, 2009

I have now been on the Methodist Weight Management Steplite program for 5 weeks and I have lost 13 lbs. I can't remember the last time I lost over 10 lbs. or stayed with a program for 5 whole weeks. On this program you drink 2 of their shakes a day, and they are very good, and then you eat 600 extra calories. You can do whatever you want with the extra calories, but of course you should eat healthy. Once a week I go for weight in and counseling and they are very good classes. Tonight is the first time I have really cooked my extra meal and I have to say that I am going all out. Last week I wanted to be in Ithaca, NY at Moosewood Restaurant so bad that I could not stand it, so I thought if I can't go to Moosewood, I will bring Mossewood to Texas since I have several of their cookbooks. For those of you who might not be familiar with Moosewood, it is a cooperative owned, vegetarian establishment that has been in business for several decades. Their cookbooks are sold in any bookstore, I will add links to the one I am using tonight to Amazon, and they sell ready made items in upscale/ health food stores such as Whole Foods. Tonight I am making a Morocan Spinach Chickpea Orzo dish, a Roasted Garlic Dip and an Applesauce Cake. All of the recipes can be found in the Moosewood Lowfat Cookbook. I even put together a Vegetarian Lasagna for tomorrow. Unfortunately I also had to make a meatloaf for my son and husband. My mother is coming to join us for dinner. I will have to get back and let you know how good it is.

Peace,
Laura

No comments: