Sunday, August 16, 2009

Ok, the blog is starting over.

I am totally committed to losing weight. I have gotten financing to have lap-band surgery, but I am not going to have it as long as I am losing weight with Weight Watchers Online, www.weightwatchers.com . I am at the beginning of my forth week and I have lost every week, even the week and a half I was out of town. I just wrote down everything I ate, no matter what it was, and counted all of the points. We walked a lot touring and shopping, but I never did "workout." I am going to take this one day at a time.

I had the most amazing walking workout tonight. I found it as a podcast on itunes. It is Prevention Magazine's Interval Walking Workout. It is only 16 minutes, but I just played it twice. There is music so all you have to do is walk to the beat. It is called interval because you walk at a fast pace for 3 minutes and then you walk at a very fast pace for 1 minute and then you go back to the previous pace and you alternate until it is over. I was very worked out afterwards and I really had a good time doing it.

The next thing I am going to do is for the mental aspect of motivation. I am going to order a pair of yoga pants from http://www.tranquilit.com/ . I have wanted all of the line for so long and this is going to be my goal. When I get the pants I promise that I will take some very embarrassing pictures of how far they won't go around me, but one day I will get into them and everything else in the line.

Please leave me comments and encouragement, I will need it.

Peace,
Laura

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I have always maintained that walking is the best exercise you can get.

Keep it up it sounds like you're doing good so far :)

Amanda D Allen said...

Congratulations on 4 weeks of losing! (I know I'm counting this week already, but I have confidence in your determination.)