Saturday, November 29, 2008

Saturday Morning Book Review

The Custom of the Country by Edith Wharton

It has been several years since I initially read this book and I think that I enjoyed it more this time than the first. I downloaded The Custom of the Country from Librivox.org and listened to it on my way to work and when I walked. Undine Sprag has got to be one of the most misunderstood characters in literature. She is the ultimate product of her society. She can also be looked at as the poster child of what happens when parents do not set boundaries for their children. It is always said that there is no manual for parenting, but Custom comes pretty close. If the Sprag's had from the beginning sat boundaries for Undine, her life, their life, her son's life and the lives of all of husbands (and the death of one), would have been completely different. I highly recommend Custom as both a great read and a great listen. I will add an Amazon link in Favorites-Book Review.

Remember that Christmas is close and an Amazon Kinder would be a great present for any of your loved ones. Just follow the link to the right and get more information.

Peace,

Laura

No comments: