Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Finally

The Bush Countdown Clock has been removed, that means that the country can finally move forward and heal. I hope it does not take more than 8 years to undo what has been done in the previous 8. I am home sick, everyone in our department has had whatever this is, but I am watching the parade. I love Michelle Obama's outfit and I can't wait to see what she has on tonight. This is truly a historic day.

On the Weight Loss Front Since the first of December, I have been on the Jenny Craig Weight Loss program, but not faithfully and as of today I have lost 8.2 lbs. I have also not been able to exercise because I have a foot problem, but that is getting better. In the past 2 weeks, I have attended seminars for Weight Loss Surgery and a Medical Fasting Plan. I don't know if I can ever wrap my head around having the WLS, but I know now that I will do that instead of the Fast. The Medical Fast will cost almost the same as WLS and it just sounds horrible. Hopefully I will continue to lose on Jenny. All of the food tastes great and, since I already carry my lunch to work, it is not all that hard to do. I think, now that I have reviewed all of the other options, I am more committed and will hopefully continue to see steady losses.

On the Crochet and Knit Front I have more on my needles and hooks then I have places to store or time to write about. I have had a major after Christmas, lets start everything that looks remotely interesting, mindset. It has been fun, but now I am having a reality check and know that I have some items that I have to complete because they are gifts that are to be given soon. I will get focused.

On the Book Reading Front I got a Kindle for Christmas. Everyone needs one. It is great. You can download books no matter where you are. I downloaded the Bible in the car on the way to church. I waited for the Kindle to be out for an entire year before I decided I wanted one. I was not sure I would really like a book reader, but it is great. Hopefully Saturday I will be getting back to the Saturday Morning Book Review. Check out the Kindle Link to the right and get one for yourself or the book lover in your life. Remember Valentines Day will be here before we know it.

Leave comments and let me know how your year is going so far and talk to you soon.

Peace,
Laura

2 comments:

Lepidoptera said...

A kindle? This is news to me. I will have to go and check this out.

Ritesh said...

When, or if, you decide to become a Yoga teacher, you should start with a basic Yoga teacher training course that gives you an overview of all of the

fields within Yoga. If you decide to specialize, it is best to do it when the need becomes apparent.